To schedule an appointment
Call Us(470) 769-9400
Truly uplifting! Your non-surgical face and body lift.
THE THREAD LIFT DIFFERENCE
Wish you could have a face lift or a body lift without dealing with the inconvenience and pain of surgery? Then a thread lift is a gentle yet visibly effective option with minimal downtime. When you do a thread lift, portions of loose skin are “lifted” and pulled back by stitching temporary sutures. This gives you a more youthful appearance. Thread lift can normally last one to three years.
But that’s not where the benefits of thread lifts stop! The threads trigger your body's natural healing response, stimulating a concentration of collagen in the areas that have been treated. Known as “selective inflammatory response” or “controlled healing,” this process is at the core of many aesthetic procedures in cosmetic dermatology.
Scroll down to read Dr. Timani answers to FAQ and to view treatment pictures.
PDO THREADS AT A GLANCE
Absorbable polydioxanone surgical sutures, NovaThreads, and EuroThreads are low-risk and non-invasive prodcuts to lift, tighten, and smooth the face and other areas of the body. Approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the safety of these threads has been proven over the decades, having been used in cardiac surgeries for more than 60 years.
THE TREATMENT DIFFERENCE
As you get older, the forces of aging and gravity make your face lose its youthful V-shape. At Springs Dermatology MD we offer the best thread lifts using NovaThreads, and EuroThreads in Sandy Springs and Metro Atlanta. Our board-certified dermatologists, dedication to personalized care, and professionalism ensure you make informed decisions and get optimal results. If you’re in your late 30s to early 50s and have mild to moderate skin laxity (or are older but can’t undergo surgery for medical reasons), then thread lifts are a great choice.
Using safe and advances techniques we:
- Stop aging in its tracks by creating a scaffolding that supports tissues and maintains your face’s V-shape.
- Reverse the signs of aging by gently lifting tissue and repositioning skin to recreate your face’s V-shape.
With only a few exceptions, NovaThreads, and EuroThreads can be inserted or injected practically anywhere. We expertly perform the treatment by inserting a preloaded needle into your skin and then remove the needle, leaving the thread behind. Accordingly, your skin starts to repair itself around the suture. Lots of collagen is produced during the 4 to 6 months your body needs to absorb the threads. This means your face benefits from progressive and ongoing rejuvenation! You will see a steady improvement in your skin’s firmness and tone, and the results are long-lasting.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are NovaThreads?
• NovaThread PDO stands for Polydioxanone and this refers to the material used to make the threads used in the lifting procedure.
• Originally a suture material.
How do they work?
• The principle behind PDO thread lifting is not simply about pulling the skin into a different position, but rather to stimulate the body’s natural reaction to a ‘foreign body’ – which is to produce collagen and improve blood circulation, contracting the tissue.
• As the PDO dissolves naturally over time a strong collagen bond result.
• They are biostimulatory and entice your body to rejuvenate its collagen reserve.
How many types of NovaThreads are there?
• There are different types of NovaThreads.
• The fine threads (smooth or twist threads) are naturally broken down within the body over 6-8 months, although results naturally wear off over around 18 months.
What do PDO Threads do?
• Naturally improves skin elasticity and texture
• Reduce wrinkles
• Brighten skin tone
• Produce more defined facial contours
• Rejuvenating and lifting effect
• Cover prominent forehead veins
• Improve texture and tone
How many sessions do I need for threads?
• Our Dermatologist will discuss a plan with you and for you
• In general, 1-2 sessions are recommended.
• Fine tuning is not unusual
• And maintenance is rewarding every 1-2 years
What you need to know!